Tuesday, September 8, 2009

HEBREW 101: For MI Padre's sake

K dad so you have asked me about 7 thousand times if Hebrew is spoken nowadays, who speaks it, what they do with new words, etc, and I finally have your answer! I had my first day of Hebrew 1 today and learned that Hebrew WAS a dead language and was only learned to read the Torah, etc, but was resurected and now modern Hebrew is the national language of Isreal (as well as Arabic) and very wildly spoken. Beni Hudi (sp?) was the main mastermind of resurecting the language. They come up with new words by using roots of words. The entire language is based off of roots. So for example, the root word to think (taken from ancient Hebrew) is used to create the word for computer. The whole language was built this way! BAM dad. Never ask me again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers