Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Dead Sea!!!

Today, I organized a group of 14 girls to go down to Ein Boqaqe to hike and swim in the dead sea! It was incredible. We hiked up a wadi (stream bed) and found these series of waterfalls and pools. It was lush and beautiful right in the middle of the nasty arid Judean wilderness! The Dead Sea is the most incredible thing ever- but tastes worse then the nastiest Ocean Barf I have ever experienced. NASTY. I felt like an astronaut! You float!!! WOW it is like swimming in oil. We got the special mud and did a mud skin treatment. So fun. And, true to form, I can cross one more thing off my bucket list: swimming in the Dead Sea- the lowest point on earth!

1 comment:

  1. I just spent the weekend with your mom, dad and caleb. (well not Saturday) I saw your grandad and aunt marilyn too. I love your sheep and goat herding stories. It IS interesting that a female goat is the lead goat, and I do think that translates in life too. We have a great responsibility and ability to lead in righteousness. Thank you for letting me peek at your blog....

    ReplyDelete

Followers